Saturday, May 12, 2012

question 2

I really enjoyed the different projects in the class. When I went out and did the conflict resolution workshop, and conducted the interview between the coach and player, it really gave me ideas how to handle each situation. Like the way they handle the situation in the first session is a way I would of handle it also, but when I introduced the different tools on how to manage conflict, it really helped out the coach/player situation. For me, sometimes I gotta see it happen, before I can believe the product actually works. I also seen myself using the the accommodating phase and it is a blessing and a curse because I might have some negative feelings I want to get out but I would feel bad especially if the other person is also going thru a rough time. I see it as no point of being a burden and putting more weight on another persons situation. I firmly believe in the relationship-centered orientation which consist of collaborating and assertive behavior, I would need to practice this approach more and not rely on the past options. I would definitely recommend this class to students, coaches, parents, and everyone else. I feel if people knew how to handle conflict, it may give the world peace, divorce rates may go down, parents and children's relationship will be stronger and coaches/parents/players will have a better connection.

2 comments:

  1. The experience that we took from this course really can benefit us later on in life. I also think it was very cool that we got to interact with other people in our conflict resolution workshop, and for many people, it was very beneficial. I think that its good that you see the growth through this semester. Its also great that you realize you need to still practice, many cant admit to that. The main goal in life for most if not all people it world peace and I can totally agree with you about that. The ultimate goal here is that our communication becomes better as a whole and we continue to learn. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you’ve mentioned it, I really enjoyed the different projects we did in this class too. I feel not only were they hands on and very innovative, like the workshop. I like the way we got to structure somewhat of a lesson plan from scratch and then present it to other people. Also when you say you have to “see it to believe it”, I feel that goes for me as well, but I saw what mediation did in a different way. Instead of through the workshop, I saw it in my daily life. I began to use some of the skills we learned weekly, sometimes not even knowing it, and it really helped me get through some of the conflicts I’ve had to encounter.

    ReplyDelete