Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chapter 10 post 1

When I researched forgiveness I found stuff about the bible or something religious I feel because that's what most religions try to preach. I seen couple sites involving love because usually when asking for forgiveness it means that one may be hurting another. When I researched reconciliation it was the same as forgiveness it had religious websites a lot of the roman catholic beliefs.

When I researched revenge a lot more websites came up, some from entertainment weekly, a lot from T.V. series there are movies and shows named after revenge. There is related research on how to get revenge on people. People online different tactics on how to plot a revenge on some. I found a link that had, how the U.S. got its revenge on the AL-Queda of the 2001 attack. Revenge is a negative so there are more to doing something negative than positive. For example; if a person were to get into a fight and it became a 5 on 1, the initial reaction would be to seek revenge and not forgiveness. That's how there are more links for revenge than forgiveness and reconciliation.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting points you make,

    I too found many reconciliation articles relating to Roman Catholicism. Most of the forgiveness results I got centered around self-help websites, or religious teachings. I wouldn’t go so far as to say religion has a monopoly on the idea of forgiveness though. The revenge results were, by far, the most sporadic and random. Revenge seems synonymous (at least on the internet) with retaliation and retribution. Most sites or articles that were “pro-revenge” focused on some perceived transgression against someone. A large percentage also related to how damaging the desire to seek out revenge can be and how to overcome such urges.

    ReplyDelete