Saturday, April 14, 2012

post 3

The concept I picked for this week is anxiety. Anxiety is a tension that occurs when people perceive danger in a situation. People can become anxious when they think that someone may interfere with their goals, when they fear their own impulses in a situation, or when they disapprove of their own actions. For example; I remember that I had big interview coming up for a job. My friend also was going for the job also. All week that's all I could of think about, not messing up the interview so I can get this job how would I look if I lost to my friend. My anxiety level kicked up a lot the day off, and I was sweating in my palms, my shirt was drenched like I just got out of a swimming pool. I didn't get the job, my friend got it instead, but everything worked out for the best later on. Also the book says Anxiety may lead us to suppressed issues.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I would get major anxiety before every soccer game I played in at my previous college. I would think about every little thing that could happen during the game and it would make me sweat and get super thirsty and my heart would beat so fast. The anxiety that I had wouldn’t stop until I stepped on the field and the ref blew the whistle. Once I heard the whistle it was like instant satisfaction. I wasn’t worried anymore and was ready to play. Its weird that one could be so anxious and ready to barf then all of a sudden be completely fine. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxiety was something I really struggled with as a kid. I was so worried about being perfect, that I would stress myself out and not be able to sleep. I had a math teacher that picked on me in front of the class, giving me anxiety for several months until my mother nearly got her fired. Now, I sometimes have anxiety when I am trying to do too many things at once. Being a student full time and working 5 days a week can get pretty overwhelming at times. It is much easier to deal with anxiety now as an adult than it was when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like to hear about anxiety, because its a problem that is encountered a lot these days, and I know that I can say I suffer from mild sypmtoms, I think that it all comes down to slowing down situations, relaxing and trying to manage to keep your cool. I really feel that people pysch themselves out in situations that really affect who they are and even the people around them. I think this was a great concept to talk about because the light is still dark on this problem. Good Post.

    ReplyDelete