Sunday, April 8, 2012

Post 3 Concessions

For this week I chose the concessions concept because I know everyone can relate to this situation. Concessions is when one admits the offender's guilt and offer restitution. Concessions are often done in combination with excuses or apologies. I remember when my godfather promised me to take me to a Warriors game, I was ready to go and everything and last min he bailed out on me because he had something to do. I looked up to him because he would treat me like a son, he was like a second dad to me. The next day he made it up to me by taking to me the Warrior game because the team played 2 games in 2 nights, and we went early also to meet the players. He even bought me some new shoes and a jersey to wear to the game. Looking at this situation now, I feel like when I do break a promise like this, I do go beyond extreme measures to make the person happy whether its material things or surprising them with something special.

1 comment:

  1. I never really got a chance to look to deep into this concept, and I think that you have opened a new light for me with this post. As for you story I encountered the very same thing and for a Warriors game as well. And its really good to know the importance of what needs to be done when you in a sense break a promise. I think that you really need to show the other person that you are sincerely sorry for what may have happened. I think your uncle did a great job to show you that he was sorry for the events, and made sure to let you know by his actions. Good Post!

    ReplyDelete